Red Garlic (Hong Kong) Limited (“Company”) pledges to meet fully with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong. In doing so, the Company will ensure compliance by its staff to the strictest standards of security and confidentiality in respect of all personal information and data submitted by users via Red Garlic mobile application, redgarlicapp.com, its sub-domains, any other media platforms or applications operated/developed by the Company or its affiliates (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Channels" ) and the Company will not release such information to anyone without the prior consent of the relevant user(s) of the Channels (“User(s)”) except to the authorized persons listed below”.
Purpose of Collection of Personal Data
In the course of using the Channels, Users may disclose or be asked to provide personal information and/or data. In order to have the benefit of and enjoy various services offered by the Channels, it may be necessary for Users to provide the Company with their personal information and/or data. Although Users are not obliged to provide the information and/or data as requested on the Channels, the Company will not be able to render certain services on the Channels in the event that Users fail to do so. The Company’s purposes for collection of information and data on the Channels include but not limited to the following:
- for the daily operation of the services provided to Users;
- to identify Users who have posted materials, messages, photos, views or comments or such other information (collectively “Information”) on the Channels;
- to identify Users who have viewed the Information posted on the Channels;
- to provide Users with marketing and promotional materials;
- to identify Users who have enjoyed benefits from the Channels by receiving and using marketing and promotional materials;
- to provide Users with a platform and forum for posting photos, sharing and discussing their insights in respect of services or products related to food and beverage;
- to allow Users of the Channels to enjoy their benefits as Users by enrolling for special events hosted by the Company and/or its affiliates;
- to design and provide products and services to Users in relation to the above purposes; to compile and analyze aggregate statistics about the Users’ use of the Channels and service usage by the Users for the Company’s internal use; and
- to facilitate the Company and/or its affiliates to use the Users’ personal data for purposes relating to the provision of services offered by the Company and marketing services, special events and/or promotions of the Company, its affiliates and/or their respective clients.
If the User is under the age of 13, the Company strongly recommends him/her to seek prior consent from a person with parental responsibility for him/her, e.g. parent or guardian, who may contact the Company at email@example.com for registering the under-age User as member of the Channels.
The Company strives to only collect personal data that is necessary and supportive without being excessive in relation to furthering the purposes set out hereinabove.
If the Company requires the use of Users’ personal data for a purpose other than those set out hereinabove, the Company may request the Users’ prescribed consent to the same. If User is a minor, the prescribed consent should be given by his/her parent or guardian.
Collection of Personal Data
The Company may collect personal information and/or data about a User such as his/her name, user ID, address, email address, phone number, age, sex, date of birth, country of residence, nationality, education level and work experience that is/are not otherwise publicly available. Occasionally, the Company may also collect additional personal information and/or data from a User in connection with contests, surveys, or special offers. Only duly authorized staff, personnel, or affiliate of the Company will be permitted to access the Users’ personal information and data, and the Company shall not release such personal information and data to any third parties save and except for the circumstances listed out under the paragraph entitled “Disclosure or Transfer of Data”.
Disclosure or Transfer of Data
The Company agrees to take all reasonable and practicable steps to keep all personal information and data of Users confidential and/or undisclosed, subject to the following.
Generally speaking, the Company will only disclose and/or transfer Users’ personal information and/or data to the Company’s personnel, staff, and/or affiliate(s) for the purpose of providing services to Users. However, the Company may disclose and/or transfer such information and/or data to a third party under the following circumstances:
- where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any third party suppliers or external service providers who have been duly authorized by the Company to use such information and/or data to facilitate the services on the Channels, under a duty of confidentiality;
- where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any agents, affiliates or associates of the Company who have been duly authorized by the Company to use such information and/or data;
- where the Company needs to protect and defend its rights and property;
- where the Company considers necessary to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Channels; and
- where the Company deems necessary in order to maintain and improve the services on the Channels.
Personal data collected via the Channels may be transferred, stored and processed in any country in which the Company or its affiliates operate. By using the Channels, Users are deemed to have agreed to, consented to and authorized the Company to disclose and/or transfer their personal information and data under the circumstances stated above, as well as to any transfer of information (including the Information) outside of the Users’ country.
Any User is entitled to request access to or make amendments to his/her own personal information and data kept with the Company by contacting the Customer Service Representative of the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that a User wishes to access or amend his/her personal information and data, the Company may request him/her to provide personal details in order to verify and confirm his/her identity. HKID card number or passport number or business registration certificate number cannot be amended unless such data is proved to be inaccurate. The Company will endeavour to respond to a User’s requests within 40 days of his/her request wherever possible.
Cookies and Log Files
The Company does not collect any personally identifiable information from any Users whilst they visit and browse the Channels, save and except where such information of the Users is expressly requested. When Users access the Channels, the Company records their visits only and do not collect their personal information or data. The Channels’ server software will also record the domain name server address and track the pages the Users visit and store such information in “cookies”, and gather and store information like internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data in log files. All these are done without the Users being aware that they are occurring.
The Company does not link the information and data automatically collected in the above manner to any personally identifiable information. The Company generally uses such automatically collected information and data to estimate the audience size and gauge the popularity of various parts of the Channels, to track web and mobile application navigational movements and number of entries in the Company’s promotional activities and special events, and to measure web and mobile application traffic patterns to administer the Channels. Such automatically collected information and data will not be disclosed save and except in accordance with the paragraph entitled “Disclosure or Transfer of Data”.
Links to Third-Party Websites / Media Platforms / Applications
The Channels may provide links to unaffiliated third-party websites / media platforms / applications which are not owned or controlled by the Company. Personal information and data from Users may be collected on these third-party websites / media platforms / applications when Users visit such websites / media platforms / applications and make use of the services provided therein. Where and when Users decide to click on any advertisement or hyperlink on the Channels which grants Users access to third-party website / media platforms / applications, the protection of Users’ personal information and data which are deemed to be private and confidential may be exposed.
The security of Users’ personal information and data is important to the Company. The Company will always strive to ensure that Users’ personal information and data will be protected against unauthorized access. The Company has implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure Users’ personal information and data.
The Company follows generally accepted industry standards to protect Users’ personal information submitted to the Channels, both during transmission and after the Company receives it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while the Company strives to protect Users’ personal information and data against unauthorized access, the Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Retention of Personal Data
Once the Company has obtained a User’s personal information and/or data, it will be maintained securely in the Company’s system. Subject to legal requirements, the personal information and/or data of Users will be retained by the Company after deactivation of the relevant service until the User requests the Company in writing to erase his/her own personal information and/or data from the Company's database or to terminate his/her details of the Channels.
For any query, please email to email@example.com